Q&A with Woolerina
1. Please tell us a little about yourselves and how your day to day life involves wool.
I have grow up around wool with my Dad having over 40 years experience in the industry. As a child I spent many days running around the wool store of my Dads wool brokering business and was always told “pop another wool jumper on” when I was cold. I now work at Woolerina – a Merino clothing company.
2. What does the Campaign for Wool mean to your brand?
Being able to celebrate collaboratively with other fashion labels who share the passion for this wonderful fibre, wool.
3. How does using woollen cloths differ to man-made materials?
We love its natural attributes which many man made fibres have tried to replicate but none have really come close.
4. Why is it important to support initiatives such as Campaign For Wool?
The keep the passion for an age old fibre alive and keep the excitement for Australian wool production. After all, Australia was made on the sheep’s back!!
5. How does wool inspire your design/merchandising team?
Our Design Team love the versatility through the stretch and drape of our fabric. Our Merchandising/Sales Team love the versatility of the garments and sharing this with our customers.
6. What lies at the heart of your brand?
A passion for the the Merino fibre and being able to directly take the raw wool from the farmers and follow the process all the way through to a finished garment. We are very proud to be licensed with Australian Made and Ethical Clothing Australia.
7. How would you describe your brand in 3 words?
Soft, Warm, Ethical
8. What is your favourite woollen item from your latest collection and why?
Our happy pants, they are super duper comfy they make you feel happy and you can dress them up or down.
9. What’s your ideal winter outfit from your current collection?
10. Why do you love working with wool?
We love its versatility and softness. We also love how fine, yet durable, our fabrics are.