Shetland Wool Week
Shetland Wool Holidays 2016
We are delighted to announce that we will be holding a Shetland Wool Holiday from 3rd-8th March inclusive (6 nights) 2016 at a cost of £1450 per person.
We would love for you to join us on a journey through Shetland and discover our unique textile heritage. Our packaged holidays are designed to give an insight into Shetland’s textile traditions, industry and local crofting community as well as to explore our beautiful islands. These trips provide local knowledge and history as well as excellent learning opportunities in knitting and spinning from local expert tutors.
The guided holiday includes:
- A colour theme – each day you’ll explore a different part of Shetland and learn a new skill
- Transport within Shetland with a local guide
- 6 nights accommodation in a centrally located guest house in Lerwick
- Breakfast, lunch, tea, cake and dinner in local restaurants
- Knitting, spinning & dyeing classes led by some of our top tutors, including classes in Fair Isle and Shetland lace.
- Tour of 2 local wool shops
- A visit to a local crofter and a tour of the Shetland Museum & Archives extensive textile collection.
Please note the cost does NOT include travel to/from Shetland.
We are also planning additional Wool Holidays in June, August & October and hope to release dates for those soon.
Please register your interest with email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more about our Shetland Wool Holidays and we’ll send full itinerary details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes from the Shetland Wool Week team,