The Selvedge Wool Symposium – 14th October
The Selvedge Wool Symposium
- Introduction from Polly Leonard- Founder Selvedge magazine.
- Christien Meidertsma- Dutch artist and designer who explores the life of raw materials in her work.
- Adam Atkinson- Founder of British leather-goods brand Cherchbi, who’s products are made using Herdwick wool.
- Brigitta Varadi- Hungarian artist who works predominantly with pure wool.
- Lunch and coffee (shearing demonstration TBC)
- Fibre Tasting- Spinning with a variety of rare breed fibres. The session will be introduced by Angela Colbridge of the Guild of Spinners Weavers and Dyers.
- Closing remarks from Bridgette Kelly of the British Wool Marketing Board.
- Take your hand spun wool away.
Tickets are £100 and include lunch and refreshments.
Find out more here